A programme of workshops and placements, designed to introduce participants to the range of technical skills/roles involved in putting on a theatre production or other live event, and provide signposting for future training and career development. Delivered by tutors and members of the Northcott Theatre’s Technical team, workshops will be a mixture of digital and face to face sessions in the theatre.
Who is it for?
The programme is open to anyone who is unemployed or economically inactive who has a ‘beginner’s interest’ in working behind the scenes in backstage or technical departments including stage, scenic flying, lighting, sound and stage management.
We are particularly interested in hearing from women, people who have a disability and people from diverse backgrounds
What will I get out of the programme?
- What will I get out of the programme?
- Vocational training in technical theatre production skills
- Practical, technical experience
- An understanding of the sector, the nature of employment and industry contacts
- CV building
- Opportunity to apply for work opportunities with the Northcott on completion.
All participants will be presented with certificates on completion of the programme and will get notice of future employment opportunities at the Theatre as well as advice and guidance on career development and training.
Find out more at: