If you’re over the age of 19 and have been unemployed for less than twelve months, you could consider training to become an electrician.
And this July, there will be a free, 12-week skills bootcamp in Exeter city centre that might just give you the head start that you need. The Skills Bootcamp is designed to enable successful candidates to stand out when employers are recruiting for electrical installation apprentices, and fast track to interviews with local employers.
The programme runs from Monday – Thursday and is based in the Focus Training Group’s Exeter centre.
It focusses on:
- Level 3 Understand Health, Safety and Environmental considerations (City and Guilds)
- ECS Qualification
- Installation of power and lighting circuits
- Installation of metal and plastic containments
- Working safely with hand / power tools
- How circuits are designed and ensuring work is safe
To find out more about this, look at the flyer here.